Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reading Classes

We are in different reading groups. In reading we learned about the Eiffel Tower. We're learning our sounds. We got to silent read. We have book bags and use them for silent reading. There are 4 books in each bag. We practice our spelling. We read chapter books. Teachers read us books. We have the odd and even group. We have fun in our reading class. We're reading about an egg in our reading class. We get to free read under our desk. We are reading books by Steven Kellogg. We have different groups and different books. We read a book about an attic. There are 4 groups in our reading class. We got to write on the white boards. We read Henry and Mudge.

1 comment:

Aunt Carol (Cobby) said...

Hi! I am Destiny's aunt from Storm Lake. I am a teacher of kindergarten through 4th grade special education students for the Storm Lake Schools. Some of my students go to class with their peers and some stay in my classroom most of the day. We are a "Reading First" school. We have Guided Reading,(small group instruction) Word Journeys(working on vocabulary) and Read Naturally (building our fluency and comprehension skills)for 3 stations during our 90 minute reading block. The children spend 30 minutes at each station. My class is reading "The Hungry Caterpillar" and other books about butterflies. We have a Butterfly Pavillion in our room and are anxiously awaiting our caterpillars to spin their chrysalis. I am excited to hear what Destiny's class is doing. It sounds like you have fun reading classes too. I love learning what kids in other schools are doing. I will try to keep sharing some things my classroom is doing when I read about what your class is doing if you want. Keep up the good work! Aunt Carol