Monday, September 29, 2008

Apple Orchard

Tomorrow we will go to the apple orchard. Please wear old socks and comfortable shoes. Don't forget a jacket because it may be cool in the morning. We will do a lot of walking. We'll ride a bus to Griswold because that is where the apple orchard is located. We might see how they make apple juice or apple crisp. We may get to pick and eat one. We will have lots of fun. We will see lots of apple trees and apples there. Some times there are lots of apples on the ground. There will be red, green, and yellow ones. On Tuesday we'll tell you what we did there. Talk to you later. Thanks to my class we are now proofreading Mrs. R's mistakes.

2 comments:

schorle said...

That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to hear about the trip and all the delicious apples. Yum!

Aunt Carol (Cobby) said...

I am so excited to hear you went to visit the apple orchard in Griswold. I grew up in Griswold so I have made many trips to this fine orchard. Some students in our school went to an apple orchard in Fort Dodge last week. They had a lot of fun. Last year my class went to an apple orchard near Newell, IA. We learned about different kinds of apples, how the apples were sorted, and how the people pick apples. We had so much fun.
My class went to a pumpkin patch on Friday, Oct. 2. We got to ride on a hay rack to the pumpkin patch and then pick our own pumpkins. Some of the pumpkins were still green so they looked funny. They had mini pumpkins all the way to huge ones. We had lots of fun. My kids were on their best behavior for the field trip, I hope your class was too!