Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Big Bug

My name is Zeke and I brought the big bug! It had horns by its head. Everyone liked the big bug. Some could see its yellow legs, but some could not see the legs. It had huge eyes. Zeke walked around so we could all see the bug. It was starting to get smaller, so Zeke let it go. On Friday we pulled weeds at Washington Elementary School. There were a lot of weeds. It was hot when we were working. We worked with Mrs. Garrett's class. We saw gourds there that were planted by last year's second graders. Some people saw spider webs. We were careful not to pull the flowers. Hope you had a great Labor Day!!

4 comments:

Cheryle Aslesen said...

Wow. That bug sounds amazing. I would love to see it but I live too far away. I live in Mitchell, South Dakota. I was Cooper's teacher last year. We miss Cooper a lot, but it sounds like he is doing some cool things in his new school. I will have to post on your site again. Hi Cooper!!
Mrs. A

Gavin's Mom said...

That bug does sound neat. It sounds like all of you are having a great year and already learning so much. I will enjoy hearing news from your class everyday. Have fun!

malexander said...

That bug sounds really cool! Austin told me about how big it was. Keep discovering new things and you will learn a lot. Have a great week.

Matt

Mrs. Riggs husband said...

That is a cool bug story. On our farm we have bugs that we like and bugs that we don't like. Some bugs try to eat our crops which causes damage and can infect the plants with diseases. Other bugs eat the bugs we don't like, so we think those are good bugs. Some insects, like honey bees are important to help crops like soybeans pollinate their flowers. If you study bugs and insects you are called an entomologist.